In-love.

I'm in love, with Jesus that is. Recently this past week I was preparing myself to be prepared for "happy single awareness day" as I was hoping not to feeling lonely. However, my thoughts, feelings, and emotions changed drastically. The Christian college group, I'm in, called Intervarsity had a conference in Portland this weekend. I went into it expecting something crazy to happen among everyone there, little did I know that something was going to happen in me.
A few people prayed for my sprained foot many times and by the power of prayer and our amazing healing God, my foot feels 90% better! Then it was time for God to heal my heart. The last session was about the prodigal son. The Speaker gave two invitations, the first was to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and two people stood up, praise the Lord! The second invitation was to receive pray as a reminder that we are God's children and that we are loved. I was hesitant to stand and go get prayer, but before I knew it my heart was pounding in my chest and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I realized that I have been focusing so much on making sure my friends knew how much that God loved them, that I had forgotten that God loved me too. You, see the speaker was describing the older son in the story had felt like a failure and a worker to his father, but the father reminded him that he was his son and no failure. I had been feeling the need to be perfect for God and most of that comes from the expectations put on me because I am a pastor's kid. I'm always striving to do the right thing for God and I hate it when I fail. However, God reminded me this weekend that He loves me so much and that when I fall he catches me and loves me because I am his daughter.
As valentines day approached at the end of the weekend, I was full of love and joy. God healed me and took my pain away, I was completely overflowing with His love and I wanted everyone to know about it. Valentines day wasn't lonely or painful like I had expected it to be, it was full of love from my Father. So I'm inlove with my Jesus all over again!

"When you pass through waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk though the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

"Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:3-31

"In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring." Romans 9:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New eyes, new life.

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl

{overflowed with love}