Trust leads to Joy

"Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matt. 6:8

Sometimes when we have no idea what we are getting into, we just have to trust God.
Going into this last weekend, I had no idea what I was supposed to be expecting of my bible leaders retreat. I arrived and excitedly met all the Intervarsity bible leaders from OSU, U of O, Willamette, PSU, and Reed. We started off with what was to be expected, worship, a bible study and silly games. Oh and I forgot to mention I was in a showdown at the end of an eating relay and I won by finishing off on saltine crackers, it was pretty epic.

I could already feel God at work as we all headed off to bed and I just knew he was up to something. The next morning, I woke up to the blaring sound of "The Final Countdown," not only was this not the most pleasant song to wake up to, but it was 5 A.M! As quick as we could, we got ready and were ready for our "mission." Our goal was to find our breakfast on OSU campus and then to race to the top of a lookout point called "Bald Hill." So my team raced out to the car as we were headed toward the covered bridge. I was thrilled when I found the bag that said "looking for this?" and knew I had found our breakfast. We then proceeded to split up the plentiful breakfast and made our trek up the steep and long hill. We all joined together at the top to see the sunrise, praise Jesus in worship, and eat our wonderful breakfast together.

I must have been so high on Jesus that day because never once was I tired, even though I was running on 4 hours of sleep. Seeing his beauty and creation was worth it all.
Through the rest of the day, we learned how to lead bible studies and really rely on God and community. Before the weekend, I didn't know if I was a good enough leader and I was really nervous to lead a bible study next year. But now God has given me the confidence I need and a wonderful partner in crime, Kelly!

I'm so hyped up on God and I cant wait to spread his word. I don't want to wait to share about his love till next year. I want to start now and let his love resound everywhere.
So just put your trust in Him and He will bless you in ways that you would have never imagined. He knows what you need and He smiles upon your face.




View from Bald Hill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl

New eyes, new life.