Coming Home.

The start of the year always brings new neighbors, new classes and new fallen leaves. It's been exciting moving back into the dorms again, seeing old friends and being apart of a great community.
Langley, B.C.
As much as I love getting to know new people, I dread one certain question. It's probably one of the most asked questions ever and I think I get asked it almost everyday. So here it is, "Where are you from?"
It drives me crazy because my answer can't be explained by a word or even one sentence. It's complicated and I guess you could say I get frustrated explaining it all the time.
However with that, here is my typical answer.
"I'm kind of from Corvallis. I graduated from Santiam Christian.
Tacoma, WA
But wait that's not all, my parents just moved to Tacoma, WA a year ago but I've never lived there. You see my dad is a pastor so my family moves around alot. I was born in Salem, raised in Albany and then I moved to Canada when I was six. I lived in Langley, BC for eight years and then I moved back to Albany in the 8th grade.  I then went to west Albany high school and then transferred to Santiam Christian in Corvallis. So technically I'm from Corvallis."
Corvallis, OR
So there is my complicated story. I can't say that I'm from Corvallis because my parents live in Washington, but I'm not from Washington either.
You can now see my dilemma.
The GOOD NEWS is that my true home is with God, in his kingdom, in Heaven! I am his child and I am an alien to this world. I belong to his family and one day I will be home with him.
So, for now wherever God leads my heart, that is where my home will be. I've just got to keep trusting in him to use me wherever I go, because this world is my temporary home:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

New eyes, new life.

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl