Desires

 

Well hey there. Long time no see. My life has been insanely hectic but so good at the same time. School is in full swing, work is fast-pace and I've already seen how much the Lord has done in the ministry I'm involved in this year!

Today I want to express my desires. You see I have a fear of failing. I'm a people-pleaser, I want to do everything perfect at work, I need to excel in my classes, be the best friend and daughter and sister I can be and to give all I have for God and his ministry. But, I'm at the end of my rope. I have even realized that I have an addiction to coffee, I have been relying on it every morning to get through each day, to stay awake in classes and to persevere to get things done. So last week in our Bible Study we talked about what's important to us and what is getting in the way of following God. I decided that depending on coffee wasn't exactly good or healthy for my relationship with God. So for this past week I have put aside my want for coffee and I'm more addicted than I thought. I was suffering from caffeine headaches and whats worse is that I've been craving it and coffee shops on my campus are like starbucks in seattle. It's insane I tell you how many times a day I'm asked if I would like some coffee but it's getting easier to say no. Oh and by the way in the above pictures I'm drinking tea so no worries I haven't caved in yet!
God is totally showing me that He can do all things and He will get me not only through each day but to enjoy my day in His Spirit. Each scripture I read and each conversation or sermon I hear have been pointing to the love of God and how everything is pinned on that. I'm learning that God is there in every part of my day and that He is calling me to be still in His presence. It's hard to schedule in that time in my busy non-stop doing days but I'm thoroughly enjoying spending time with my Lord, falling in love all over with Him again. He is good, so good I tell ya! I'm receiving peace from Him and becoming less stressed everyday and Praise the Lord because it's only Him who saves me!

Aside from all the craziness in my life, I'm so thankful for all the blessings God has given me.
I've been anticipating my bestie, Venisa's wedding! It's only two months away now and I've been enjoying planning parties and wedding things for her:) We were able to spend some great one on one time this weekend and I'm so forever thankful that God placed her in my life seven years ago.
I was also able to skype one of my greatest friends, Kelly, the other day! It was so amazing to just see her face and chat for a while since she has recently been out of the country in Hong Kong! She is serving the Lord on a worship team and I'm so proud of her! She is so encouraging and wonderful and I truly can't wait for her to get back for Christmas break!

Fall is my favorite time of year and my campus is so beautiful! Seriously the changing of the leaves takes my breath away! Football games, pumpkin picking, apple cider, caramel apples, scarves and halloween! I just love fall, who doesn't!
The Lord is good and I'm learning to give Him all my desires and give Him full control of my life, including my daily schedule and my life plans. I'm so glad that I don't have to plan every moment. He will provide for me, after all He gave everything so that we could have it all.

Blessings to you my friends, I hope your enjoying fall and the many blessings God has given us as much as I am!

Psalm 62:5-7
5For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
   for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
   my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7On God rests my salvation and my glory;
   my mighty rock, my refuge is God. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
    pour out your heart before him;
   God is a refuge for us.

Comments

  1. I LOVE YOU!! :) You are truly and inspiration to me and I am so thankful to have you as my best friend for life. And has it really been 7 years already??! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl

New eyes, new life.