Light Overcomes Darkness

It's been so amazing being at home so far this break. Rest has been much needed in my life and it's so nice to wake up to a peaceful home, have my coffee and breakfast and read God's word while staring at the Christmas Tree and snow(thanks Jesus!) I love snow it always makes me feel like a kid again, something about it is so peaceful, which is exactly what my restless heart needs. 

Actually God's peace is really what our world needs. 

This joyful time of year has been pressed hard this past week of shootings and lost loved ones. 
It breaks my heart every time I turn on the news. 
However, what breaks my heart even more is that we get so caught up in the stories that our "close to home" but we don't get upset about how broken our world is everyday. 
  • Everyday women all over the world (including America) are abducted into sex trafficking.
  • Everyday children ache and die from hunger. 
  • Everyday people are martyred for their faith.
  • Everyday the world is suffering because we are so broken.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we shouldn't grieve for the children who were killed in Connecticut this week, trust me I was on my toes during the Clackamas shooting last week as I heard a few of my friends had just left the mall before the shooting happened there. I just  care greatly about all the brokenness and hurt in the world.

The media has told us that gun control and mental health are the problems in the past weeks cases. 
 BUT the real problem is sin, EVIL. 
This is a moral issue and the truth is, all of the brokenness and darkness is caused by our selfishness and sinful ways. The truth is we need a savior. We all need Jesus to forgive us and guide us and love us. My heart aches as my eyes have witnessed more brokenness this year than I feel I ever have. However, God has offered us grace and forgiveness and a promise that he will come back and redeem this world. 

This Christmas I'm so so thankful that God sent his son to offer us an amazing love that conquered every sin in our hearts. His son came and lived as a human to relate to us and to love us in every way. He understands what we go through each day because he also lived in our shoes. 
I'm forever grateful for God's gift of his son and his everlasting love. 

So cling to God's hopes, promises and gifts to us this season and pray for all who face darkness each day. Let's be the light to the world that God has called us to be. We don't have to wait for Christ to come again, cause we can begin to spread his light today, this hour, this minute, this second. What will you do to cure the worlds brokenness today?

"The light shine in darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5

"No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light." Luke 11:33-36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

New eyes, new life.

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl