Independence

          

Well it's the week for celebrating our nations, our independence, our freedom and our identities. I have been thinking about the fourth of July this week and how yes, I am proud to be an American, but that is not all I am. I am also so thankful for my childhood years in Canada. The first of July is Canada Day and I have such fond memories of my family celebrating on that day and the fourth of July growing up. I know that legally I am not Canadian but I spent almost half of my life there and I miss it! I had always struggled being identified in Canada as an American and vice versa here in the states. But ya know what? I am so proud to cherish both countries! My family has moved quite a bit but I am so thankful that I have had different experiences, many friendships, different cultures and growing periods as we have moved from place to place. I may not have a home town but I have home wherever I am with my family and wherever Christ leads me. 
God has molded me and shaped me with many identities but the true freedom I will always be thankful for is the one that Christ gave us! I could not be happier to be apart of his kingdom and for him to allow me to be free to represent him in North America! Praise the Lord!
Happy Canada Day and Happy Fourth of July my friends! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

New eyes, new life.

Picked up from the fall.