sacrificial love & undeserving grace

 

I wonder by Leeland

My dad and I have always had the same taste in music and we often share our music with each other. We both enjoy the band Leeland and I have been listening to this song on repeat. The words are so powerful and hit me every time. 

Jesus Christ
You bled Your love, laid down Yourself
And gave me life
In naked shame You hung and You were lifted high
Here I lay in awe and wonder
I am afraid
For no one’s ever sacrificed and loved me this way
So on my face I fall under Your heavy grace
Here I lay in awe and wonder
And I wonder

God's grace and his sacrificial love completely blows my mind. I'm so grateful yet I'm probably not thankful enough for all that His has done for us and what He is currently doing through us. I encourage you to rest in His grace this week. Remember that you are God's beloved. 

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

New eyes, new life.

Mixed feelings about the Superbowl