This week in Bible Study we discovered how many actions God takes to love us. We were in Psalm 23 and saw that David made some bold statements with God's many bold actions. 

1The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

I'm just completely blown away by how the Lord pursues us and guides us and takes care of us all for His glory. As I was going through this study I realized that God is so trustworthy yet I do not think that I could not be as bold as David. He says "I lack nothing." I should lack nothing in Christ yet I want something everyday whether it be good grades, a new scarf, or even wanting sufficient time with my Lord. How can I be more trusting in God that he will be my everything. David also says "I will fear no evil." This is hugely difficult for me.  I have always had many fears. I'm afraid of heights, spiders, animals (especially birds), playing sports and of course awkward situations. I want to (oh the wanting thing again) be more confident in my God. I don't want to doubt that He isn't going to give me something I can't handle. I want to believe that he will protect me. I know that I know these things, that his rod and staff will protect me but it's easier said than done. I know for me that I want to meditate on this more and pray for healing in my fears. I want to be like David and say I will fear no evil. How is it that I trust that God will protect me from the evil one but I can't trust that I wont fall from the highest heights. 
This passage is a short one but it contains so much within it. Can you agree with David's bold statements? Are you being refreshed and sustained in the Lord? Think about it. 

Let His love rest upon you.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{overflowed with love}

New eyes, new life.

Picked up from the fall.